- Start the day with a positive attitude. Smile.
- Get out my little spiral notebook and make a list of all the things I want to accomplish today. Then I'll cross off each things as it gets done ---with absolute joy!
- Walk the dog in the morning with a little more speed (if he'll quit sniffing ALL the mailboxes!)
- Have my favorite summer breakfast: 1 cup plain, fat-free yogurt, 1 diced fresh peach, 1/4 cup dry oatmeal, with 7 almonds, sliced...it's just so good!!
- Drink a bigger glass of water with my morning multi-vitamin supplement.
- Sip on iced water and iced tea all day long to stay hydrated and refreshed.
- Take time to go through all of my stretching exercises, especially those for my neck, it has not been too happy lately. (I really love the book "Stretching," by Bob Anderson. It's highlighted on My Favorites--I Recommend, to the right.)
- Sit down at the table with a place mat for each meal and snack I eat. I should put fresh flowers on the table, too. I deserve it.
- Enjoy a piece of dark chocolate with a cup of green tea for tonight's snack, and look forward to having it all day long.
- Tell someone that I appreciate them and thank them for being who they are.
- Do one act of kindness: smile at a grumpy or sad person, call someone who needs it, write a note to someone, help a neighbor---something for someone else.
- Tell someone I love them.
- Have 1 or 2 fruits or veggies at each meal/snack, and think about how they're building super- power protective coating on all my cells with their fantastic antioxidants :)
- Have 1/2 cup of red wine, maybe a Shiraz, at dinner. It's good for me, and I enjoy it.
- Practice deep breathing, rolling my shoulders, and loosening my neck muscles if I start feeling any stress today.
- At the end of the day, I'll write down 10 things I am thankful for.
- Tell myself I'm proud of whatever I accomplished for the day.
- Then go to sleep...
Maybe we can't magically change into healthy, svelte, buff bodies overnight, but we can certainly start taking the steps toward getting there. Along the way, just keep acting like the healthy person you're striving to become. You don't have to be perfect all the time....
Just Fake It 'Til You Make It!!